Book Review: Looking For Alaska (John Green)

I found John Green this summer when I was bored and looking around Youtube. In one of his videos, John was talking about the upcoming release of his novel The Fault in Our Stars. Being the sucker for books I am, I wanted to read all of his previous works in addition to pre-ordering this latest one. Naturally, I read his first novel first: Looking For Alaska. I wanted to leave a brief review here so that, first, I could suggest a book to all you avid readers looking for a new author to read and, second, I could contribute to this AWESOME new blog library teens created. (Yay teens! And blogs! And libraries!)

In one word, this book was meaningful. The plot revolves around 16 year old Miles Halter and his freshman year at boarding school with the first real friends of his life. Through pranks, a World Religions class, love, and most importantly, death, Miles and his friends search for the meaning of life. This book was funny, sad, and serious throughout. My only caution would be to take seriously the Young Adult label; there is plenty of “adult content” (drinking, smoking, swearing, etc.). If you are mature enough to handle the content, though, this book is actually very thought provoking and an engaging read.

So, those are my non-spoiler, very brief thoughts after reading the book last night. If you’re bored, feel free to visit the library and check out Looking For Alaska by John Green; I would definitely support this course of action. :) Leave a comment if you enjoyed the book, hated it, or just want to comment!

Thank you,
Andrea
The FFT Teens

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Adivice

New Books in 2016